STONES AND THE CHAKRAS
What effects do the stones have on the chakras?
Whether precious or semi-precious, stones have an undeniable effect on the chakras. Many alternative medicine therapists use them to remove blockages or to restore the free flow of energy in these spiritual energy centres.
How stones are used to open the chakras.The simplest method consists of lying down while keeping the arms alongside the body, preferably in calm and silence. You can also light incense or candles. Next, take the stones dedicated to each chakra and match them. Take the time to breathe and disconnect from all constraints, thinking only of the stones. You should have a feeling of warmth, which is simply the radiance of the stone’s energy.
Breathe slowly while remaining relaxed and remove any thoughts that would cloud your mind. In wholeness, you can then remove the stones by moving them away. Once removed, take them and clean them under a trickle of water (except for lapis lazuli which is a very porous stone). You can also use other stone cleaning methods and then re-energise them with the appropriate recharging methods. Now ready, you can reuse them either as part of another session, or in a therapeutic setting.
- Title: Root Chakra, Base Chakra
- Main colours: Red, Black
- Location: Coccyx, base of the spine
- Characteristics: Chakra of vitality and survival instincts, the first chakra represents the link to mother earth. It is a source of strength, courage, well-being but also stability. It is directly related to blood circulation.
- Matching stones: Smoky crystal, Red Jasper, Obsidian, Bull’s Eye, Garnet Ruby garnet, Black Tourmaline.
- Learn more about the Root Chakra (Muladhara) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Sacral Chakra, Lumbar Chakra, Sex Chakra
- Main colours: Orange
- Location : Between the navel and sexual organs
- Characteristics : A chakra of sexual, physical and artistic activity, Swadhisthana brings creativity in all of these areas. It is directly related to the intestines, kidneys, bladder and ovaries.
- Matching stones: Amber, Orange Calcite, Carnelian, Sunstone, Imperial Topaz.
- Learn more about the Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Solar Plexus Chakra
- Main colours: Yellow
- Location: Between the abdomen and the solar plexus
- Caracteristics: The third chakra is the meeting point of all the energies in the human body. Manipura brings vitality, the ability to achieve everything that is important to us. The latter brings us health and is directly related to the digestive system: the stomach, liver, spleen and pancreas.
- Matching stones: Citrine, Yellow Jade, Sulphur
- Learn more about the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Heart Chakra
- Main colours: Pink, Green
- Location: Chest, between the breasts
- Characteristics: The Heart Chakra promotes love and the communion of ideas. It is directly related to the lungs and heart.
- Matching stones: Green Aventurine, Emerald, Morganite, Pink Quartz, Rhodocrosite, Green Tourmaline, Unakite
- Learn more about the Heart Chakra (Anahata) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Karmic Heart Chakra
- Main colours: Turquoise
- Location: Between the Heart Chakra and the Throat Chakra
- Characteristics: The Karmic Heart Chakra, Thymus stores all the sufferings and misunderstandings of childhood and past lives. The Thymus Chakra is directly related to the grounding of injuries, immune system dysfunction, breathing and digestion.
- Matching stones : Turquoise
- Learn more about the Karmic Heart Chakra (Thymus) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Throat Chakra
- Main colours: Green blue, light blue
- Location: Throat, Ears
- Characteristics: The communication chakra, it fosters connection with others, whether for listening or speaking. This chakra of clairaudience contributes to the proper functioning of the ears, thyroid gland and throat.
- Matching stones: Aquamarine, Blue Chalcedony, Blue Calcite, Celestine, Blue Topaz, Turquoise.
- Learn more about the Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Third Eye Chakra, Frontal Chakra
- Main colours: Dark Blue, Indigo Blue, Violet
- Location: Between the eyes, between the eyebrows
- Characteristics: The command Chakra, the frontal chakra (Ajna) is a source of intuition and inner balance. This chakra is directly related to the nervous system and regulates all psychic commands. It is the centre of consciousness.
- Matching stones: Azurite, Lapis lazuli, Blue Sapphire, Sodalite.
- Learn more about the Frontal Chakra (Ajna) and stones, crystals, and minerals
- Title: Crown Chakra, Coronal Chakra
- Main colours: White, Gold, Violet
- Location: Top of the head
- Characteristics: The chakra of full consciousness, it strengthens the relationship between the afterlife and the divine being. It allows for proper integration of the energies of the cosmos.
- Matching stones: Amethyst, Rock Crystal, Milky Quartz.
- Learn more about the Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) and stones, crystals, and minerals